Monday, March 9, 2009

Do you Tweet?

I’ve finally been sucked into this new phenomenon called “Twitter”. I’ve been tweeting (twitting?) for about 14 hours now. I tried to resist for as long as I could but when word got out that editors and agents were putting out requests and discussing all the reasons they reject (google: #queryfail if you’re interested) I KNEW I had to join.

Now I am addicted.

Why do I care what someone else had for breakfast, cooked for dinner last night or plans to do this evening? I’m not entirely sure I do. Maybe it’s just the novelty of a new medium that has me enthralled for now. This is an interesting thing to ponder though. It has to say something about the human psyche that we’re so interested in the minutiae of each other’s everyday lives. Are we that starved for personal contact? Is this the information age’s way of making us feel more connected? Who knows…

Whatever the case, you’re welcome to follow me on Twitter if you have an account. I’m under the name Minx_Malone.



I’ll try not to be too boring!

2 comments:

Debra Kayn said...

Heh..I am new to twittering myself. When I first joined I thought it was crazy. I'm surprised how you actually get drawn into a conversation with others, and realize it is almost like sitting across the table with someone having coffee. Because of the short dialogue, it is fast and easy to use while writing w/out being too distracting. Now I am off to go follow you on twitter, lol.

Michelle Lauren said...

Hey Minx. I haven't broken down and gotten twitter yet. I don't understand the fascination with it and the constant updates, but I know a lot of people like it. I have enough trouble keeping up with my personal blogs, website, group blogs, myspace and facebook.

I know I will eventually end up on Twitter. Let me know how you like it.