Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!


Optimist that I am I love any excuse to celebrate so I find myself saying "Happy this" or "Merry that" for holidays that I don't even normally celebrate. Even so it's hard not to get infected with Cinco de Mayo fever since everyone around me is having a fiesta!

What is Cinco de Mayo? If you ask the average person they would probably say it's a great excuse to drink Corona but the proper definition is:


Cinco de Mayo
A national celebration in Mexico, commemorating the victory of Mexican forces led by General Ignacio Zaragoza over the French expeditionary forces in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862.


So that's a shot of history to go with your beer.


Salud!






Minx

1 comment:

Debra Kayn said...

Cheers! lol I'm a day late and a dollar short, but living out here in the booney's I never hear of the less popular celebrations. I'm lucky to remember what day it is, lol.